In the news this week was an announcement of city budget shortfalls, mostly because of the declining economy and rising gas prices. There is talk of municipal job cuts, but I think they have a secret solution as well. Consider this:
- Oil production cannot match demand
- Gas prices increase
- Cities do not have enough budgeted money to fill their tanks and pay their bills
- A literal swarm of motorcycle police officers stake out a service road
- A hurried and inattentive minivan driver goes 50 in a 35 and is pulled over, along with about 5 other hurried and inattentive drivers
- Said drivers each receive a $165 speeding ticket
- Aforementioned shortfall budget is therefore a little closer to being met.
Dang it. Cursed oil production.