It’s a lazy autumn day here in Texas. I’m curled up with my laptop here on the sofa (I could say “the corner of my couch,” but that would be, y’know – a little goofy), Nathan in completely enraptured with Lego StarWars (which is fine by me because at least he’s not talking my ear off this early in the morning), got a little Air Supply on the iPod (OUTTA NOTHIN’ AT ALL…OUTTA NOTHIN’ AT AAAAAALLLL) – just chillin’ out. Except that my ears and head are all funky today and I can’t hear much except the echo of my own voice. But at least the ringing has gone away. Not sure what that’s all about.
So here’s what I’m thinking today: I really love this time of year, but not for all the normal reasons (’cause I’m normal since when?). I do love the crisp air and the hot apple cider and the changing leaves (when you can find them in Texas – we mostly have either green or brown). But here’s a short let’s-get-real list of why autumn is such a great time of year.
1. I don’t have to shave my legs every day.
2. I don’t have to worry about repairing my chipped toenail polish before I slip on that pair of flip flops. Socks and clogs/boots/closed toe shoes will take care of that little problem for me.
3. Same goes for the PediEgg and dry heels.
4. My mommy uniform of solid color t-shirt and jean shorts is now replaced by solid color sweater and/or long sleeved shirt and jeans.
5. Less sweat=less laundry
6. I really, really love sleeping under a down comforter.
7. Warm pajamas. Loooove me some warm pajamas!
That’s all for now. I’m sure there are more reasons to love autumn that have nothing to do with joy and peace and warm, cozy mugs of hot drinks and everything to do with my own comfort and convenience.
Happy Wednesday, y’all.